President Donald Trump said on Thursday that his senior aides are keeping the “same quality” of the Obama administration, but said his team had “lost a little bit” of confidence in the current White House.
The White House said Mr Trump and Vice President Mike Pence met on Wednesday at the White House with Chief of Staff Reince Priebus, who has said the administration has been struggling to maintain its “full-strength” and has yet to see its staff in full-time roles, as Trump administration officials have said.
“I am very disappointed,” Mr Trump told reporters on the South Lawn of the White the White house where he has been spending most of his vacation time.
“The quality of the people is very different.”
“I think it’s really disheartening to see the quality of people that we have,” Mr Donald Trump told journalists at the South Portico of the Trump International Golf Club in New Jersey.
The president said that his aides have been working “very hard” to maintain the quality he saw during his campaign, but that the WhiteHouse has lost confidence in its leadership.
“It is a little disappointing, frankly, to see that quality of our people being so degraded,” he said.
In an interview with the New York Times last week, Mr Trump said he wanted to “give everybody a shot”.
“We had a great campaign,” Mr Mr Trump added.
“You guys really gave me the best campaign in history.
We had the best people, and we did an unbelievable job, and I was really happy with that.”
In a recent interview with MSNBC, Mr Priebus said the Whitehouse is “disappointed” with Mr Trump.
“We’re not going to give up the quality and the professionalism that we’ve shown in the past,” he told the host, Joe Scarborough.
“Our goal is to keep the job going.”
“We’ll see where it goes.
The good news is, we’re getting closer every day,” Mr Priebus added.
The vice president also spoke to reporters on Wednesday, saying that the president and the team “have a lot of confidence” in his leadership.
Mr Trump’s aides have struggled to maintain full-strength since he took office.
The US has had less than three weeks of winter weather since the start of the winter storm season, but the White Houses emergency management chief said on Wednesday that they were “well-positioned” to respond to a future storm.
The department’s chief of emergency management, Mark Hanson, said he expected temperatures to drop to the “lower 30s” for much of the country in the coming days.
He added that he expected the citys power and water infrastructure to be ready for the winter.
“They’re well-positioning to deal with the winter weather,” Mr Hanson told reporters at the National Guard Armory.
“But there are still some challenges that we’ll have to face in the next few weeks.”
‘Not a bad start’ Mr Trump had repeatedly said he would like to see his aides be back on the job sooner rather than later.
“So many people want to get back to work, and they’re not happy with the pace,” Mr Sessions said.
Asked if he thought Mr Trump could achieve his goal, Mr Sessions answered: “Not a problem.”
He added: “The president said, if I were in his shoes, I’d want to be back to be a part of it in the end.”
Mr Sessions also defended the Whitehouses decision to use an emergency manager to “put the brakes” on the administration.
He said that, at the end of the day, it was “about making sure that the executive branch is doing the right thing”.
The Whitehouse said that the decision was made after a review of the previous administration, and that it was not an indication that the administration was “taking a page from” the previous president.
Mr Sessions declined to comment on whether he believed the decision to appoint an emergency plan manager was legal, but added: ‘If you look at what’s going on, it is very well-reasoned and well-executed.’
‘We’re moving forward’ The White Houses plan to use emergency management to try to speed up the process to reinstate Mr Trump has been criticized by Democratic lawmakers and by some Republicans, who have complained that Mr Trump is not following the advice of the federal government.
“President Trump should be using his executive authority to get a full and thorough review of his policies and appointments to make sure that he is getting the best deal possible for Americans, but unfortunately, he’s not doing that,” House Speaker Nancy Pelosi said on Tuesday.
“This is a bad idea and it’s not a good start for the American people,” House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi, who is leading the opposition to the emergency manager plan, said on a call with reporters.
“He has shown a lack of leadership.
He has shown no respect for the office of the presidency.
We’re moving ahead